Before you arrive: checklist
As soon as you have accepted your offer there are some things you need to do before you arrive.
International students additional tasks
Read the extra things you need to know before you arrive as a new international student.
You need to register so you can start your studies and become part of our community. Find out how to register.
IT: get started
Your IT account, including your university email, will be set up after you have registered. Get familiar with the IT systems you will use and the tools available to help you get the most out of your learning.
Money and finances
- If you are applying for student finance, make sure you apply early and return the signed confirmation. Watch the Student Finance England video to make sure you get your money on time.
- You will need to budget and manage your money to make it last. Have a look at our money advice pages which cover managing your finances, budgeting, and opening a bank account.
- Find out when and how to pay your fees.
Be aware of payment scams targeting international students.
Make friends and find support
Find out how you can make friends before you arrive and what support groups and communities are available to you when you have arrived.
Health and wellbeing
We have a range of support and services to help you stay well so you can get the most out of your time here. Find out more about our wellbeing services.
- Tell us if you have a long-term health condition or disability, and find out what support is available.
- Make sure that your MenACWY and MMR vaccinations are up to date.
- Make sure you are aware of meningitis symptoms and coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms.
Get ready to study
Discover what studying at university will be like and what study support and study skills are available. Find out how to get ready to study.
Students' Union welcome events
The SU will release their official events programme and start releasing tickets from A-Level Results Day. Any Freshers / Welcome tickets you see on sale before then will be for unofficial events, not affiliated with the University or SU.
University of Bristol app
Explore 360-degree views and photographs of our campus and city highlights.