Library Research Support offers live training workshops in the following areas. Check the library events page to book a place on a scheduled event, or contact us if you'd like us to run an event for your research group.
Open Research: Research Data Management and Open Access
The concept of 'open research' has made a significant impact on scholarly activities, with funding councils, government and publishers increasingly placing a focus on research that is transparent, accountable, and accessible to a worldwide audience. Current expectations in this area centre around Open Access to scholarly outputs and Research Data Management. This workshop will provide an introductory overview and will cover:
- How open research can impact on each stage of the research lifecycle
- The benefits of Open Access and how to comply with requirements
- The importance of the Data Management Plan (DMP) in meeting funder requirements
- How to publish underlying research data and cite it via a Data Access Statement
- Balancing openness with the need to capitalise on research findings
This workshop is aimed at early career and postgraduate researchers, Pathway 2 and Pathway 1, and has no prerequisites.
You can book onto a scheduled event through the Develop platform here: Open Research: Research Data Management and Open Access
Lunchtime games: Researchers, Impact and Publications (The R.I.P. Game)
Learn through play about the impact of your decisions regarding data and journal publications in this interactive lunchtime games session. We can run these for small or medium sizezd teams on demand.
We have published the materials for this resource as a dataset in the Research Data Repository here: https://dx.doi/10.5523/bris.1nufzjw3m9ho72cwisj1pwc75h
This event is run by Library Research Support and has no prerequisites.