The University of Bristol Run Series
Run, jog or walk your way to the finish line and be part of the #WeAreBristol community.
What is the Bristol Run Series?
The Bristol Run Series comprises a number of virtual and in-person events designed to get you active, irrespective of where you are in the world! Open to all, the series aims to increase your activity while creating a sense of community #WeAreBristol. You don't need to be an experienced runner to take part. You'll get access to our support hub which will include training plans, videos and blogs!
Bristol Run Series 2024
This year the series includes three pathways, each containing three events to be completed - in-person or virtually! Whether you’re a seasoned marathon runner or just getting started, there’s a pathway to suit you. What 1 pathway will you choose?
In-person and virtual events across the three pathways will take place from February to July 2024. The in-person events and their virtual event windows will be published in the new year so keep an eye on your inbox for the dates and details about discounted entry fees!
Images shows three runners with text beneath each of them, outlining the Bristol Run Series pathway distances. The pathways read 'let's get started' (2.5K, 5K, 10K), 'keep me moving' (5K, 10K and half marathon) and 'time to dare' (10K, half marathon and full marathon). A stamp overlapping the photos of the runners reads 'run virtually or in-person.
Sign up to the Bristol Run Series here:
Registration for the 2024 Run Series is now open. Select your 1 chosen pathway via this link to get started!
How to take part:
- Choose 1 pathway from Let's get started / Keep me moving / Time to dare - whichever best suits your experience and sign up!
- In the new year, we'll release pathway-specific training programmes to support you from the start to the finish line!
- You can run your pathway distances virtually within the event window or you can run in-person at one of our series events or a mix of both.
- Complete your three events in-person or if you’re running virtually, share your run results with us to show us you’ve completed your distances.
- Once you've completed the three events in your pathway, you will receive your free BRS 2024 finishers medal! Or if you'd prefer, instead of claiming your medal, we will donate the cost of the medal to the University of Bristol's Healthy Minds programme.
We are proud to support and promote the Healthy Minds programme, that supports students who face mental health difficulities. This programmes takes positive steps to improve the way students feel through a varied and socially engaging programme of physical activity. Students are referred by either the Student Counselling Service or the Mental Health Advisory Service, where they then work with an activity mentor to develop new skills, interests, and to find ways to help them feel better and stay well into the future.
The programme is free for students thanks to the generosity of Bristol’s donor community. We have now supported over 500 students in improving their wellbeing, boasting a 100% improvement rate. For more information please visit the Healthy Minds programme page.
Feedback and engagement
The team delivering the Bristol Run Series are passionate about using physical activity to improve both physical and mental wellbeing. Read about Viet-Anh who participated in the Run Series 2023 and understand how running postively impacted his mental health.