Workforce and workload
The DIPP study - Improving the diagnostic accuracy of referrals for Papilloedema from primary to secondary care. Principal investigators: Denize Atan and Alyson Huntley. Comprises:
- Optic nerve Imaging to Distinguish Papilloedema from Pseudopapilloedema (DiPP study): a systematic review. Funder: UHB Above and Beyond (starts 2020)
- Development of primary care referral guIdelines for patients with Papilloedema and Pseudopapilloedema. Funder: NIHR School of Primary Care Research (starts 2022)
- Improving the DIagnostic accuracy of referrals for Papilloedema (DiPP) from primary to secondary care: the development of clinical guidelines and educational materials. Funder: NIHR Programme Development grant. Starting date TBC.
- REMAPP: REMote Advice to Pre-hospital Practitioners - a conversation analytic study of telephone clinical advice calls between GPs and paramedics. Booker, M. Funder: Academy of Medical Sciences. 2020.
- General Practitioners and Emergency Departments (GPED): Efficient Models of Care. Benger J, Salisbury C, Cowlishaw S, Purdy S, Adamson J, Bloor K, Doran T, Gutacker N, Voss S, Gibson A. Funder: NIHR Health Services and Delivery Research (2017-2020)
- Realist evaluation of paramedics deployed in general practice (READY Paramedics RCF). Booker M, Voss S. Funder: Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) Research Capability Funding (2019)
- ReGROUP. The changing general practitioner workforce: the development of policies and strategies aimed at retaining experienced GPs and those taking a career break in direct patient care. A project conducted with the University of Exeter to inform and support the NHS in addressing current GP workforce issues in the UK. Funder: NIHR Health Services and Delivery Research. Campbell J, Salisbury C, Cowlishaw S. (2016-2018)
- Sustaining empathy in long term care - Eurythmy Movement Therapy as a care tool. Huntley A (Co-PI), Feder G (Co-PI), Paten R. Funder: Helios Trust (2019)
- Exploring the barriers and facilitators to help-seeking by GPs: improving access to support. Riley R, Spiers J, Chew-Graham C, Kessler D, Buszewicz M, Gerada C. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2016-2017)
- Understanding the volume and content of general practice consultations: the 5th National Morbidity Study. Salisbury C, Hobbs R et al. Funder: NIHR School for Primary Care Research (2016-2017)
- General practice workload and intensity: an analysis for NHS England from 2007–2014. Hobbs R, Salisbury C et al. Funder: NIHR Policy Research Programme (2015-2016)