Here at the School of Physics our researchers are addressing some of the most fundamental questions in science and are pushing the boundaries in emerging fields such as nanotechnology and smart materials. This research shapes and informs our teaching, offering students an exciting and varied curriculum.
Did you know?
- Several of our researchers are Fellows of the Royal Society
- Our physics student society Chaos won Best Academic and Careers Society in 2018 and Best Society in the 2019 National Student Society Awards.
- Our High Performance Computing Centre is one of the most powerful research computers in the UK
- Home to Nobel Laureates Professor Cecil Powell and Sir Nevill Francis Mott.
- Our researchers analyse data from CERN’s Large Hadron Collider.
- Our researchers are using data from JWST to study the atmospheres of exoplanets.