University of Bristol Law School rises in two national rankings league tables 19 September 2023 The Law School has risen two places in the latest university league table rankings, securing the School’s reputation as one of the leading law schools in the UK.
- University of Bristol Law School rises in two national rankings league tables 19 September 2023 The Law School has risen two places in the latest university league table rankings, securing the School’s reputation as one of the leading law schools in the UK.
- Celebrating the launch of the Centre for Environmental Law and Sustainability 5 September 2023 The Law School is delighted to announce the launch of a new centre of research. The Centre for Environmental Law and Sustainability (CELS) is an international centre of excellence for critical scholarship, teaching and public engagement with environmental law and sustainability research.
- Publication: ‘Regulating the Sea’ by Professor Margherita Pieraccini 7 August 2023 Cambridge University Press has published a new monograph by the Law School’s Professor Margherita Pieraccini. ‘Regulating the Sea’ (Cambridge University Press, 2022), the first book written on English marine conservation regulation from a socio-legal perspective, provides an in-depth analysis of key aspects of Marine Protected Areas regulation in England, offering access to an under-investigated field.
- A place filled with opportunity: Q&A with Mckenzie-Kohl Tuckett 15 July 2023 For World Youth Skills Day, we caught up with accomplished public speaker McKenzie-Kohl Tuckett, second-year LLB student and the first-ever Bermudian to give a speech at the House of Commons. In this Q&A she shared her thoughts on studying Law at Bristol, being awarded the International Intern Scholar Scheme prize, representing Bermuda's Youth Parliament, and her top tips for confidence in public speaking.
- University of Bristol Law School partner with BPP’s Bridge Programme 16 June 2023 The University of Bristol Law School will be partnering with BPP University Law School’s Bridge Programme, a free career development course to help aspiring solicitors and barristers prepare for their future careers.
- New Head of School announced 8 June 2023 We are delighted to announce the appointment of Professor Catherine Kelly as the incoming Head of the University of Bristol Law School.
- A real sense of teamwork: Q&A with LLB student Toby Ferris 23 May 2023 Ahead of our Open Days coming up on June 16-17, we caught up with second-year Law student and Chair of the Volunteering and Fundraising Network Toby Ferris, in a Q&A about his law studies, extra-curricular activities and favourite things about Bristol.
- Publication: ‘Diversity, Merit and Power in the C-Suite’ by Dr Eleanore Hickman 18 May 2023 Hart Publishing has published a new book by the Law School’s Dr Eleanore Hickman. ‘Diversity, Merit and Power in the C-Suite’ offers an in-depth assessment of the meaning of corporate power - and an essential consideration of how a more balanced distribution of power in the boardroom could and should be advanced.
- Professor Paula Giliker’s Vicarious Liability Scholarship cited in the UK Supreme Court 12 May 2023 The Law School’s Professor of Comparative Law, Paula Giliker, was cited in the UK Supreme Court’s recent decision of Trustees of Barry Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses v BXB.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things: Q&A with LLB student Lee Ling Chu 3 May 2023 Final-year Undergraduate Law student Lee Ling Chu was recognised for legal work experience undertaken overseas at the Law School’s International Internship Scheme Scholar (IISS) awards earlier this year. We caught up with her in a Q&A about her studies, her extra-curricular activities – including starting a business and entering the New Enterprise Competition – and her favourite things about Bristol.