University of Bristol Law School celebrates Top 10 UK Law School ranking 23 June 2022 The University of Bristol Law School has been ranked as a Top 10 Law School in the latest Complete University Guide UK Rankings 2023.
- University of Bristol Law School celebrates Top 10 UK Law School ranking 23 June 2022 The University of Bristol Law School has been ranked as a Top 10 Law School in the latest Complete University Guide UK Rankings 2023.
- ‘The law gives you the chance to make a difference’: Q&A with Alumnus John Ward OBE 20 June 2022 Law School alumnus John Ward (LLB 1993) was awarded an OBE for Public Service earlier this year. We caught up with John in a Q&A about his award, his work as Deputy Legal Director in the Government Legal Department, his time studying law at Bristol and his words of advice for students today in terms of carving out a successful career.
- Dr Peter Dunne amongst next generation of research leaders awarded £98 million to tackle global causes 16 June 2022 The Law School’s Dr Peter Dunne is among four Bristol academics and 80 other promising science and research leaders who will receive £97.8 million to conquer major global issues and commercialise their innovations in the UK.
- Student Q&A with Jude D’Alesio, International Law Book Facility essay competition winner 13 June 2022 Undergraduate Law student Jude D’Alesio won the International Law Book Facility’s inaugural essay competition earlier this year, writing on the topic ‘Looking back from 2030, what should we do now to transform the legal profession (including by the use of machine learning technology) to ensure access to justice for all and that the profession is as diverse as the communities and businesses it serves.’ We talked to Jude about his essay, what he finds most inspiring about his time at Bristol, and his top piece of advice for new students starting out on their Law path at Bristol.
- Obituary: Former Minister of Labour and Senior Counsel at the Bar of Mauritius, Me. Yousuf Abdul Razack Mohamed (LLB 1961) 9 June 2022 Yousuf Abdul Razack Mohamed, who was an alumnus of the Law School and went on to become Minister of Labour and Senior Counsel at the Bar of Mauritius, passed away on Sunday 3 April 2022.
- Law Clinic: An experience beyond justice 7 June 2022 Launched to mark the end of National Volunteers Week 2022 (1-7 June), the Law Clinic’s latest annual review highlights how its projects support some of Bristol’s most vulnerable communities gain access to justice – and how, for student volunteers, this means a deeper understanding of societal issues that paves the way for meaningful careers.
- ‘A culture of being committed to lasting change and improvement’: Q&A with LLB student Lee Ling Chu 26 May 2022 Undergraduate Law student Lee Ling Chu was awarded the Outstanding PLUS Award for Wellbeing Champion - awarded to students who, through substantial and significant extra-curricular activities during their degree, improve the student experience or wellbeing of others in one's community or workplace. In this Q&A Lee Ling talks about her Outstanding PLUS Award activity, what motivated her to embark on her project, and what she finds most inspiring about her time at Bristol.
- Can ‘healthcare safety crimes’ improve the safety of patients and professionals? 25 May 2022 Earlier this month, Dr. Oliver Quick provided a fresh perspective on the role of 'healthcare safety crimes' in improving the safety of patient care in a paper he presented at the 8th European Conference on Health Law hosted by the University of Ghent, Belgium.
- International Lawyers share career experiences with students in Centre for International Law events 24 May 2022 On 23rd March and 27th April, the Centre for International Law invited two panels of international lawyers to share their career experiences in two ‘International Law in Practice’ sessions.
- CIL reading group discuss the ‘Sentimental life of International Law’ with Gerry Simpson 24 May 2022 On 28th April, Gerry Simpson, Professor of International Law at London School of Economics, joined the Centre for International Law reading group to discuss his latest book, ‘The Sentimental Life of International Law’.