We are ranked one of top 10 universities in the UK. You will learn from some of the best scholars in the world and live in one of the most diverse, safe and beautiful cities in the UK.
One of the most popular universities in the UK
- Routinely ranked within the top 10 universities in the UK in the QS World University Rankings.
- Our graduates are highly employable. One of the 10 most targeted universities by The Times Top 100 UK Employers.
- Join a newtork of alumni, developing careers in over 170 countries.
- We welcome students and staff from over 120 countries creating a diverse and stimulating community.
- We have 150+ international exchange partners across the world.
You will fall in love with the city
- Bristol was named among the top five best cities to visit worldwide by Rough Guides 2017
- A cultural capital that will quickly feel like home.
- Offers over 1,000 years of history to explore.
- A thriving urban centre, the city is packed with green spaces.
- 90 minutes from London and a gateway to the beaches of the South West.
Find out more about the city.
A safe welcoming community and exclusive support
The city has been awarded Purple flag status which recognises it as being a safe place to go out in. From the moment you decide to transfer to Bristol you will become part of a community of transfer students who will help make you feel at home quickly.
- The largest city in the South West
- Population of 449,300
- 90 minutes from London
- Easy access to nearby cities, beaches and rolling landscapes
- Georgian architecture, colourful graffiti and harbourside living
Explore 360-degree views and photographs of our campus.
A place to call home
Our variety of residences offer a safe and welcoming home from home. They provide pastoral support and 24-hour security and opportunities to get involved in a range of social activities. You’ll live with students from other countries and cultures, including the UK.
Find out what accommodation is available.
A top 10 in the UK for employability
- We are in the UK's top 10 for employability in the latest QS Graduate Employability rankings.
- Our Careers Service can support you throughout your studies and for up to three years after graduation. Our online portal can help you find job vacancies an paid internships, and we provide practical advice and resources for CV writing, applications and interview preparations.
- University of Bristol graduates are highly employable and in demand. We're in the top ten universities targeted by top employers (High Fliers report 2021).
- Many courses, such as those in engineering, lase and health sciences, offer professional mentoring schemes.
- Alongside your studies, you can work towards the optional Bristol PLUS award, which recognises your development through work experience, volunteering and extracurricular activities and is endorsed by a range of leading recruiters.
- Bristol actively encourages the innovators and entrepreneurs of the future. Our Basecamp Enterprise Team provides guidance, workshops and support to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills and purise your start-up ambitions
- The Bristol alumni network consists of nearly 170,000 graduates across 191 countires, with experts and influencers in every industry sector. You can connect with Bristol graduates through our in-country networks, or join Bristol Connects, our online alumni networking platform.