- University of Bristol joins innovative therapeutic drug discovery partnership 22 November 2023 The University of Bristol has joined the Evotec beLAB1407 BRIDGE Partnership, an innovative venture aiming to advance new therapeutic drug discoveries.
- Feeding dogs raw meat increases the risk of antibiotic-resistant E. coli 20 November 2023 Feeding dogs raw (uncooked) meat increases their risk of excreting E. coli that cannot be killed by a widely used antibiotic - ciprofloxacin - researchers at the University of Bristol have found from a study of 600 healthy pet dogs.
- Bristol primary health care professor awarded NIHR award 20 November 2023 A University of Bristol professor of primary care and GP is one of six researchers to have been awarded a National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Research Professorship. Professor Matthew Ridd, from Bristol’s Centre for Academic Primary Care, will carry out research to treat eczema in children and identify and address children’s food allergies.
- 20 University of Bristol academics named on Highly Cited Researchers 2023 list 15 November 2023 A total of 20 University of Bristol academics have been named on Clarivate’s Highly Cited Researchers 2023 list - up by three on last year.
- Bristol soil study unearths microbe diversity discovery 15 November 2023 Human impacted soils tend to harbour different microbial communities to those areas less affected by human activities, a team of researchers working with Bristol school children have found.
- Biosciences and AI merge with launch of new UKRI Network 6 November 2023 Bringing artificial intelligence (AI) and biosciences together to tackle major societal challenges is the aim of a new five-year £1.6m project involving the University of Bristol and several other UK universities.
- £10.5 million investment to revolutionise future vaccine manufacture 3 November 2023 A new collaborative initiative between UK universities and countries worldwide to share cutting-edge vaccine technology to prevent future global outbreaks of infectious diseases has been awarded £10.5 million from the Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Being taller throughout life may protect against heart disease and stroke 3 November 2023 Being taller during the course of a person’s lifetime could protect against heart disease and stroke in later life, according to a new University of Bristol-led study. The research, which analysed height and genetic data on over 454,000 individuals, is published in the pre-print publication* medRxiv.
- Fossil fuels responsible for heart arrhythmias in mammals 1 November 2023 One of the most common byproducts of the burning of fossil fuels, phenanthrene, causes heart arrythmias in mice, proving for the first time it is toxic to mammals, new research has discovered.
- Type 2 diabetes remission diet impacts on metabolic health 26 October 2023 People with type 2 diabetes who took part in a diet-assisted weight loss trial, showed differences across a wide range of potential biomarkers of metabolic health one year later, according to the results of a new study.
Infection and immunity press releases
Press releases relating to infection and immunity on the University's central news pages.