BlueCrystal technical specifications
BlueCrystal Phase 4
Phase 4 was primarily designed for large parallel jobs and work requiring the Nvidia P100 GPUs.
BlueCrystal Phase 4 (BC4) is now available to all HPC users at the University of Bristol it is capable of up to 600 trillion calculations per second. Please email email@example.com if you need access to BC4.
BlueCrystal Phase 4 Hardware
Phase 4 has the following technology:
- Each of the 525 Lenovo nx360 m5 compute nodes has two 14 core 2.4 GHz Intel E5-2680 v4 (Broadwell) CPUs, and 128 GiB of RAM.
- There are 17 extra high memory nodes, each of which has 512 GiB of RAM.
- There are 32 GPU nodes with two cards each, plus 1 GPU in a login node, totalling 65 GPUs.
BlueCrystal Phase 3
BC3 was retired in December 2021.
BlueCrystal Phase 3 Hardware
BlueCrystal Phase 3 has the following specification:
- 223 base blades which have 16 x 2.6 GHz SandyBridge cores, 4GB/core and a 1TB SATA disk.
- There are an additional 100 identical nodes that can host dual GPGPUs. At present we have 76 NVIDIA K20 in 38 nodes.
- 18 large memory nodes each containing 256GB of memory and 16 processors.