Find out about studying at Bristol for the 2022/23 academic year.
Find out about the costs of studying at university and how we can help you find funding for a postgraduate programme.
Start thinking about where you will live at university. We provide advice and guidance on the different types of accommodation available.
The University makes two types of offer:
- Unconditional offer: you are guaranteed entry.
- Conditional offer: your entry to the University depends on meeting the requirements specified in your offer. These could include meeting the English language requirement, completing your degree at a specific level, or providing further information.
You will receive an email from us when a decision has been made on your application. Log in to our your applicant portal to see the decision and download your offer letter (if applicable).
Respond to your offer
You can accept or decline your offer by selecting Respond to Offer. You can view the full details of your offer and click Print to download your offer as a PDF document.
Pay a deposit to secure your place
If you are required to pay a deposit, you can view the deposit amount and deadline to pay this in your applicant portal. You can pay this online using a credit or debit card or through our PaytoStudy account using the deposit option.
Upload evidence for conditions
If your offer is conditional, you can upload evidence showing you meet the conditions of your offer in your applicant portal. We will review your evidence and update your offer with our decision. If you meet the full terms of your offer, we will accept the offer on your behalf to update the offer to unconditional.
Request a different start date
Some programmes allow offer holders to request a different start date. All requests are subject to approval and are not guaranteed.
Postgraduate taught programmes
You can request to defer your start date to the next academic year if:
- you have not already deferred your place;
- you have an unconditional offer;
- you have paid any required deposit.
You must request your deferral on your Applicant Portal by 31 July.
Postgraduate research programmes
You can request to defer your start date to a different month or year if:
- the programme you have applied for allows deferrals;
- you have a conditional or unconditional offer.