View the progress of your application
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirmation. You can view the progress of your application in your applicant portal.
How we assess your application
To assess your application we look at:
- your university degree grade (or your results so far, if you are still studying)
- the grades achieved in individual units/components of your degree
- your references (if requested)
- your personal statement (if requested)
- your research proposal (for relevant programmes only).
Some programmes may also have additional requirements specified in the application form, which will need to have been completed before your application can be assessed. Please check the relevant admissions statement before applying.
Update your referee information
Through the Referees tile in your applicant portal:
- You can view the status of your online references.
- To make changes to referee information, Remove the referee you wish to update then Add Referee to resubmit with the updated information.
- You can add up to five referees in total.
- If a referee has not submitted their reference, you can send them a reminder by selecting Resend email.
Requests for further information
We may ask for more information to support your application, such as documents to assess your suitability for a programme, supporting statements for your application or a fee status questionnaire.
For taught postgraduate programmes, we aim to make a decision within 21 working days of receiving a completed application. For research postgraduate programmes, we aim to get in touch with you within five calendar days to confirm receipt of your application and to let you know when to expect a decisionSometimes it can take longer to make a decision, especially around University closure periods. If we require further information from you, we will let you know.
If you have not heard within this time, please log in to your applicant portal to check the progress of your application.
If your application is unsuccessful, your decision letter will provide a reason. If more detailed feedback is needed, request feedback in your applicant portal within two weeks of the decision date.
Access your applicant portal to view the progress of your application.