A mature student is an undergraduate student who is over 21 years old when they start their first undergraduate course. We welcome applications from mature candidates as we recognise the contribution they make to our learning environment. Each year around 250 mature students start studying with us. You too could study at a world top 50-ranked university.
Make the student experience whatever you'd like it to be
The University campus is based in central Bristol and has a vibrant, diverse student body. We have undergraduate and postgraduate students and staff of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds. You can make the student experience whatever you'd like it to be.
- You can immerse yourself in the social aspects of university, concentrate on your studies, or a combination of the two.
- You can socialise with undergraduate students, postgraduate students, and staff.
- You can use as much or as little of the additional student support as you'd like.
- You can live in University accommodation, at home, or in the city.
Find out about the various ways to return to education, including a range of access courses, part-time and short taster courses.
Visit the University
Come to a mature student information session, or a University wide open day to find out more about studying at Bristol.
- Wednesday 6 December 2017 - Mature student information session (12 pm - 2 pm and 6 pm - 7 pm)
- Thursday 22 February 2018 - Mature student information session (10 am - 12 pm and 6 pm - 7 pm)
- Wednesday 18 April 2018 - Mature student information session (12 pm - 2 pm and 6 pm - 7 pm)
To book a place please click on the time you are interested in attending.
Prospective student queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 (0)117 394 1048