Missed your offer: what next?
If you haven't got the grades you needed to meet your offer don't worry, there are several things you can do.
If you've missed your offer by a small margin
Check UCAS Track to see if we've been able to offer you a place.
In some circumstances, you may be offered a place on an alternative course or a deferred place for 2019. This will be shown on UCAS Track. If you want to accept this, you should do this on UCAS Track. If you decline, and you do not meet the conditions of your insurance offer, you will be eligible to enter Clearing.
How long will it take to get a decision?
If you have taken A-levels, we hope to have a decision for you on A-level results day or the next day.
- Check UCAS Track to see if we have made a decision.
- If we have not been able to make a decision, contact us and we will let you know what is happening.
- In some cases we may take longer to reach our decision. For example, we may be missing a result or waiting to see if space is available.
If you have non-A-level qualifications, we aim to process the decision as soon as the results are known.
- Check whether you need to tell us your results.
- In some cases we may have to hold a decision until A-level results are published to treat all applications fairly.
If our final decision is that you are unsuccessful, we will only review it if there has been a genuine mistake.
Appealing against your results
If your application is unsuccessful and you wish to appeal against your results or request a re-grade, find out what you need to do.
If we can't offer you a place
If our final decision is that you are unsuccessful, we cannot review this decision unless there has been a genuine mistake.
If you have met the terms of your offer in full and your place has not been confirmed please contact us.
- If you meet or exceed the conditions of your insurance offer, you will be accepted automatically by your insurance instution.
- If you miss the conditions of your insurance offer, you will automatically be released into Clearing. View our Clearing vacancies.
- You can reapply for 2019 and this will be treated as a fresh application. Check whether re-sits are accepted on the admissions statement.
Common App applicants
If you have missed the terms of your offer and have not received a final decision from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct entry applicants
If you have missed the terms of your offer and have not received a final decision from us, please email the following contacts:
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene Email: email@example.com
- International Foundation Programme (Arts and Humanities; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; and Social Sciences and Law) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundation in Arts and Humanities Email: email@example.com
- BA English Literature and Community Engagement Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childhood Studies (part time) Email: email@example.com
- Criminology (part time) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we can't offer you a place on the course you applied for we may have vacancies available on other courses which might suit you.