Bristol Quantum Information Institute
World-leading theory, experiment and application of quantum information
Quantum information and its translation into technologies is one of the most exciting research activities in science and technology today.
Long at the forefront of the growing worldwide activity in this area, the Bristol Quantum Information Institute crystalises our research across the entire spectrum, from theory to technology.
With our expert cross-disciplinary team, including founders of the field, we have expertise in all major areas of theoretical quantum information science and in experiment.
We foster partnerships with the private sector and provide superb teaching and training for the future generation of quantum scientists and engineers and the prototypes of tomorrow.
- Bristol team chase down advantage in quantum race 26 January 2022
- In the quantum realm, not even time flows as you might expect 26 November 2021
- Funding to develop laser cleaning decontamination techniques for nuclear decommissioning 5 November 2021
Find out more about our staff and their work.
Career and study opportunities
Postgraduate study opportunities
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Quantum Engineering Centre for Doctoral Training
If you are interested in postgraduate study, you are also welcome to contact individual members of staff directly.