A Hub of activity — hundreds visit new, dedicated space for postgraduate researchers 16 November 2018 Senate House’s new PGR Hub welcomed nearly a thousand visitors in its first full month, and hosted a diverse selection of events focused on the University’s postgraduate researcher (PGR) community.
- Applications now open for prestigious EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowship 19 February 2019 Recently graduated or final-stage outstanding PhD researchers who have been funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council for their research degree are invited to apply for the 2019 round of the prestigious EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowships.
- New postgraduate researchers receive warm welcome to Bristol in PGR Hub 15 February 2019 38 new postgraduate researchers attended the Spring Researcher Inauguration event on Wednesday, 13 February to welcome them into Bristol’s wider research community.
- '5 Weeks of Wellbeing' launches in PGR Hub 7 February 2019 Bristol’s postgraduate research community are invited to celebrate and explore wellness in a 5-week campaign centred on the NHS ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ model.
- Applications now open for Bristol Industrial PhD Placement Fund 6 February 2019 The newly established Bristol Industrial PhD Placement Fund encourages innovative, creative and collaborative ways for PhD students to experience working within industry.
- PGR Ventures Fund: new projects announced for 2019 28 January 2019 The PGR Ventures Fund encourages grassroots innovation, creativity, and leadership among Bristol ’s postgraduate research community.
- Spotlight on Industry: talk series for PGRs at PGR Hub 17 January 2019 The Bristol Doctoral College is hosting a new series of industry-focused talks at the PGR Hub. The purpose of these informal talks is to help postgraduate research students meet and hear from exciting share their own experiences, collaborating with external partners in their research, find out about new opportunities and build networks with one another.
- Engaging in new ways with international prospective PhD applicants 6 December 2018 An online Q&A session took place on 8 November with prospective, Chinese PhD applicants who are interested in the China Scholarships Council (CSC) – University of Bristol Joint PhD Scholarship programme.
- New “TA Talk” Series for Doctoral Teachers 22 November 2018 The Bristol Doctoral College’s (BDC) new “TA talk” event-series consists of loosely-themed sessions aimed at postgraduate researchers (PGRs) who teach. These talks are designed to allow for peer-networking as well as engagement with providers of support and development opportunities across the university.
- A Hub of activity — hundreds visit new, dedicated space for postgraduate researchers 16 November 2018 Senate House’s new PGR Hub welcomed nearly a thousand visitors in its first full month, and hosted a diverse selection of events focused on the University’s postgraduate researcher (PGR) community.
- Bristol welcomes new postgraduate research students 2 November 2018 Bristol’s research community greets new postgraduate research students at recent inauguration event, hosted by the Bristol Doctoral College.