Support all students can access
You can access a wide range of general support without contacting Disability Services. These are resources that all students can use:
Services and resources
There is a wide range of support available to all students at the University.
Skills development and training
Develop and improve your general academic and study skills.
Support for first year undergraduate students from a current student.
Your health and wellbeing
Find out what to do if you are struggling with the demands of studying or life in general.
University, students’ union and community services to support you.
Funded support including mentoring, study skills tuition and practical support.
Group Study Skills Sessions
Are you dyslexic? Do you need study support?
Disability Services are running weekly, online Group Study Skills sessions facilitated by a qualified Study Skills Tutor who will help you to:
- improve your existing academic skills
- refine your notetaking,
- help with structuring your writing assignments
- boost your revision technique
Each group will have a maximum of 6 students attending, to book onto the sessions please use the links below.
Book a group study skills session
All sessions are 1.30pm-2.30pm.
- Wednesday 4th November – Critical Thinking – Book here
- Tuesday 10th November – Building academic argument – Book here
- Wednesday 18th November – Structuring assignments – Book here
- Tuesday 24th November – Improving academic style – concise writing – Book here
- Wednesday 25th November – Improving academic style – concise writing – Book here
- Tuesday 1st December – Proof reading – Book here
- Wednesday 2nd December – Proof reading – Book here
- Tuesday 8th December – Referencing source material correctly – Book here
- Wednesday 9th December – Referencing source material correctly - Book here
- Tuesday 15th December – Memory and revision techniques – Book here
- Wednesday 16th December – Memory and revision techniques – Book here
If you have any questions about the sessions, please contact email@example.com.