All new data collection studies conducted with the ALSPAC cohort require ethical approval.
Studies which do not involve human tissue, use of NHS premises or ionizing radiation should be submitted to the ALSPAC Ethics and Law Committee (ALEC). The remainder should be submitted to an NHS Research Ethics Committee of the PI’s choice. The REC with most experience of ALSPAC proposals is South West – Central Bristol.
For ethics-related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and supporting documentation
- ALEC committee membership
- ALEC referral form (Office document, 71kB)
- ALEC amendment form (Office document, 13kB)
- ALSPAC ALEC terms of reference (PDF, 360kB)
- ALSPAC new data collection review dates 2022 (PDF, 95kB)
- ALSPAC new data collection review dates 2023 (PDF, 97kB)
- ALSPAC Disclosure Policy (PDF, 113kB)
- Research Ethics Committee approval references (PDF, 97kB)
- Withdrawal of consent policy (PDF, 94kB)