New funded PhD studentship available 21 November 2023 Applications are invited for a funded 3.5 year PhD opportunity
- New funded PhD studentship available 21 November 2023 Applications are invited for a funded 3.5 year PhD opportunity
- New SwBio DTP PhD opportunities available 27 October 2023 PhD opportunities in “Bioscience for sustainable agriculture and food” at Bristol Veterinary School
- New funded 4-year PhD Scholarships available. 20 October 2023 The Faculty of Health Science are inviting applications for 4-year UoB-funded PhD studentships in start in Sept 2024.
- Veterinary Nursing Companion Animal Behaviour course number one in UK 14 September 2023 Veterinary Nursing Companion Animal Behaviour course number one in UK according to Guardian subject rankings 2024 (Animal science and agriculture)
- Researchers to investigate using AI to detect disease in dairy cows earlier 10 August 2023 Researchers from University of Bristol have received funding to investigate whether Artificial Intelligence (AI) could be used to detect disease in dairy cows earlier.
- Kordofan giraffes face local extinction if poaching continues 4 August 2023 Poaching of two Critically Endangered Kordofan giraffes per year could result in extinction in just 15 years within Cameroon’s Bénoué National Park without intervention. These are the alarming new findings of a University of Bristol and Bristol Zoological Society-led study published in the African Journal of Ecology.
- Inspiring vet overcomes bereavement and depression to graduate 3 August 2023 A student who lost his family home and fell into a deep depression after his mother died has today graduated from the University of Bristol.
- Dogs provide critical support for homeless people, study finds 25 July 2023 Homeless people and their dogs have a mutually beneficial relationship, with the dogs providing critical support for their owners' emotional and mental health while owners make every effort to protect the dog and meet their welfare needs, new research has found.
- New Teaching Building on the Langford Campus 25 July 2023 Bristol Veterinary School is getting a new, state of the art, teaching building at Langford. The new building will have two floors designed specifically for case-based, tutor-facilitated, small-group teaching and learning.
- Just add water – garden ponds and bird baths help wildlife thrive, finds study 28 June 2023 Providing water sources in residential gardens helps wildlife thrive, according to new University of Bristol-led research. The study, published in Urban Ecosystems, compared the quantity and variety of wildlife visiting urban lake water sources and residential gardens in England and found no difference in the number of small-bodied wildlife that visited.