At Bristol, we’re committed to supporting local students and learners return to study with Access to HE courses.
Could I get a guaranteed offer?
You will be considered for a guaranteed offer or a guaranteed interview (for courses which routinely interview) if one of the following statements applies to you:
2023 entry - You meet our criteria for a local student
You will be considered for a guaranteed offer if you have a home postcode in a BS, BA1, BA2, BA3, BA5, BA14, BA15, SN12, or SN13 postcode area.
We use your home postcode on your UCAS form to determine whether you meet this criterion.
If you are a local student, you can check whether you might also be eligible to receive a guaranteed offer at the contextual level.
2023 entry - You are applying with an Access to HE course
You will be considered for a guaranteed offer if you apply with an Access to HE course. We refer to your qualification type on your UCAS form to determine whether you meet this criterion.
Our entry requirements for the Access to HE Diploma are set at an equivalent contextual level. You can read more about our Access to HE entry requirements. If you are applying as a mature student, you can email the Mature Students team for guidance at firstname.lastname@example.org
The schools of Physics, Chemistry and Earth Sciences routinely interview Access to HE applicants. This interview may include a subject-related test. For these courses, you would be guaranteed an interview. For Access to HE applicants applying without A-level Maths to undergraduate courses in Engineering and Maths, we may require you to sit the Maths Test for Engineering or Maths Test for Mathematics. You would need to meet the required pass mark in order to receive an offer.
You have completed a University of Bristol outreach programme
You will be considered for a guaranteed offer at the contextual level if you have completed one of the following academically focused outreach programmes:
- Access to Bristol
- Insight into Bristol summer school
- Next Step Bristol
- Pathways to Health Sciences
- Sutton Trust Summer School.
To be considered for a guaranteed offer or interview, you must meet one of the above criteria, and:
- Be on track to meet level 3 requirements for your course
- Be on track to meet any GCSE requirements for your course
- Fulfil any additional requirements for your course, such as sitting the UCAT for Medicine and Dentistry and the LNAT for Law, and/ or meeting the work experience threshold for courses requiring work experience.
- Apply by the relevant UCAS deadline, or while the course is accepting applications through UCAS
- Complete the application form in full, and complete all elements of the application process to a satisfactory standard
- Be a Home student (UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man)