Brexit statements and updates
The following Topic Briefings and Brexit Updates are designed to give necessary additional information to our staff.
If you are a current student, please refer to the latest Brexit information relevant to you here. If you have a specific query or concern, please speak to your faculty or school office in the first instance. For any further queries, you contact us at email@example.com and we will direct your enquiry to the relevant team to respond to you.
The University is providing topic briefings to advise staff on the possible impact of Brexit on a number of key areas. This includes travel, research funding and procurement. These are being reviewed and updated during January 2021 and we will continue to monitor ongoing developments and republlish our guidance where necessary.
- 13/01/2021 - Purchasing guidance for staff (updated) and what to do if you experience issues caused by goods being delayed
- 20/01/2021 - Research funding advice for staff (updated)
- 28/01/2021 - Travel advice for staff (updated)
- 28/01/2021 - Data transfer guidance (updated)
Guidance for staff on importing and exporting goods can be found on the Finance intranet.
We are producing periodic updates with Brexit information that concerns our community.
- 14/01/2020 - Latest Brexit update
- 12/09/2019 - Brexit update #15
- 30/05/2019 - Brexit update #14
- 23/05/2019 - Brexit update #13
- 11/04/2019 - Brexit update #12
- 04/04/2019 - Brexit update #11
- 28/03/2019 - Brexit update #10
- 21/03/2019 - Brexit update #9
- 14/03/2019 - Brexit update #8
- 07/03/2019 - Brexit update #7
- 28/02/2019 - Brexit update #6
- 21/02/2019 - Brexit update #5
- 14/02/2019 - Brexit update #4
- 07/02/2019 - Brexit update #3
- 31/01/2019 - Brexit update #2
- 24/01/2019 - Brexit update #1
Brexit statements from the University, the Russell Group, Universities UK and the government can be found below.
- University statements
- Russell Group statements
- Universities UK statements
- National and local government statements
Other useful links
UK Government: preparing for EU exit, services, policies and guidance resources.
Universities UK: FAQs, policy priorities and no-deal implications.
GW4 Alliance: GW4 brings together four of the most research-intensive and innovative universities in the UK (Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter) to consider and help tackle global and industrial challenges. Read about: