Bristol Population Health Science Institute
Engaging populations to improve health
A multi-disciplinary approach to studying the health of populations, spanning molecules to communities
Bristol Population Health Science Institute is a new centre that builds on Bristol's internationally-leading reputation for research in the determinants and consequences of ill-health.
Our research ranges from basic discovery science in molecular and genetic epidemiology to innovative clinical trials and policy-influencing and assessment activities. Our multi-disciplinary community spans across several schools and faculties within the University and tackles a wide range of questions about health and health care.
- Few eligible patients get access to publicly funded weight management programmes in England 28 September 2023
- Bristol Bears partners with Children of the 90s researchers for new study 25 September 2023
- Study shines light on successes of PReCePT programme 20 September 2023
Research impact stories
Areas of population health science research
- Genetic and epigenetic epidemiology
- Causal inference and mechanisms
- Evidence synthesis
- Health services research and trials
- Research methods
- Primary care, public health and mental health
- Laboratories and cohorts
- Health, law, and society
- Child health
- Public health ethics
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news and events - contact
and ask to join the mailing list.
Follow us on Twitter