Places to worship
Bristol is a very diverse city, with many religions represented. We can help you find a place on campus to worship, or in the city. It doesn't matter to us what faith you are, if you have none, or if you are still searching for answers. We're here to help you connect with people both of your faith and others.
Student Union Societies
At the university, there are several faith-based Students' Union Affiliated societies. These are run by students, for students. Many of these are active in the Chaplaincy community. Click on the drop down list for your faith tradition to find out about the different societies available. If there is not a student society which addresses your religious beliefs, you may be able to set up your own society. The Students' Union can give you advice about this and we can also support you through this process.
Buddhist Society - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/buddhist-society-46f0
- CathSoc - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/cathsoc-8b34
- Christian Union - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/christian-union-8aa0
- Just Love - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/just-love-bristol-39c8
- Brisoc - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/university-of-bristol-islamic-society-brisoc-572b
- Bristol Ahlul-Bayt Islamic Society - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/bristol-ahlul-bayt-islamic-society-4ed5
- Pagan Society - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/groups/pagan-society-9775
Places on campus
There are a number of places on campus that both students and staff can worship in, including chapels, quiet rooms and prayer rooms.
Located at 1 Woodland Road, the Multifaith Chaplaincy is open to all students and staff. This building has a quiet room, which is appropriate for prayer, meditation and reflection. Open 11am-3pm.
Muslim and Multifaith Prayer Rooms, Senate House
Located on the 2nd Floor of Senate House, Tyndall Avenue, this large multifaith prayer room is available to all students and staff at the University. This room is appropriate for multifaith prayer, meditation and reflection. It is fitted with ablution rooms and lockers. Open 8am to 10pm.
Muslim Prayer Room
Located at the Coach House, 21 Woodland Road, the Muslim Prayer Room is open to all Muslim students and staff. This space has separate entrances for Brothers and Sisters and has suitable washing facilities. If you would like 24-hour access to this space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your Ucard.
Langford Quiet Room
Located in Room G.11 in the Pearson Building, Langford House, this quiet room is available to all staff or students who are living or studying on the Langford Veterinary campus. This room is appropriate for prayer, meditation and reflection.
Biomedical Building Quiet Room
Located in Room F40A on the 2nd floor of the Biomedical Sciences Building, this quiet room is available to all staff and students at the University. This room is appropriate for prayer, meditation and reflection.
Dame Monica Wills Chapel
Located in Wills Hall student residence, the Dame Monica Wills Chapel is available to all students living in Stoke Bishop halls of residence. This building is appropriate for prayer, meditation and reflection. Services are also held here during term time.
Places in Bristol
There are many places of worships in Bristol for a wide range of religious traditions. If you can't find anything suitable, get in touch with a member of the Chaplaincy team.
Bristol is home to a great number of Christian places of worship, so the following list presents a number of the venues closest to the University campus, but is not exhaustive.
- All Saints, Clifton (Anglican)
- Alma Church (Evangelical Alliance)
- Bristol Cathedral (Anglican)
- Bristol Quakers (Quaker)
- Cairns Road Baptist Church (Baptist)
- Christchurch, Clifton (Anglican)
- Church of the Nativity of the Mother of God (Eastern Orthodox)
- Clifton Cathedral (Catholic)
- Cotham Parish Church (Anglican)
- Redland Parish Church (Anglican)
- Redland Park URC (United Reformed Church)
- St Mary Magdalene, Stokebishop (Anglican)
- St Paul's Clifton (Anglican)
- Space for Soul (Progressive Christian)
- Trinity Henleaze (United Reformed Church)
- Tyndale Baptist Church (Baptist)
- Victoria Methodist Church (Methodist)
- Woodlands Christian Centre (Independent Free Church)
Find out how to visit us and our contact details.