The UK is a world leader in health research and the University of Bristol offers outstanding postgraduate research training.
We offer high-quality collaborative translational and population health research using a wide range of techniques - from molecular biology to epidemiology.
Postgraduate research opportunities-PhD, MD, DSc, MSc by Research
Graduates with good undergraduate or masters degrees in relevant disciplines can apply for projects in either of our 2 departments:
- Postgraduate research: Population Health Sciences
- Postgraduate research: Translational Health Sciences
Bristol Medical School Short Course programme offers intensive online short courses in research methodology, design and analysis in health sciences.
Taught masters courses
A truly international cohort of students study on our broad range of highly popular postgraduate taught courses. Part-time and distance-learning options are available on some courses.
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Healthcare Management
- MSc Health Economics and Health Policy Analysis
- MRes Health Sciences Research
- MSc Medical Statistics and Health Data Science
- MSc Molecular Neuroscience
- MSc Orthopaedic Surgery
- MSc Perfusion Science
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Reproduction and Development
- MSc Stem Cells and Regeneration
- MSc Translational Cardiovascular Medicine
- PG Certificate Healthcare Improvement
- Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals
Clinical academic training
The University's clinical academic training pathway offers clinicians the opportunity to develop an academic career.