What to expect when visiting the library
All our libraries and study centres are now open and offering a limited service. You can find details on location and opening hours here. Please read the information on the library / study centre's page carefully before you visit.
Before you arrive at the library / study centre:
- Ensure that you have been tested before you return to campus.
- Familiarise yourself with the university's coronavirus guidance.
- Please check the library / study centre's webpage for details on opening and browsing hours.
- If you wish to request access to study space, you are required to book a seat in advance.
- Food is not permitted, so ensure you have made alternative arrangements if you plan to be on site for some time. All drinks must be lidded.
- Bring a face covering, unless you are exempt. This must be worn at all times.
- At busy times you may need to queue to be admitted to the building to ensure the occupancy level for safe social distancing can be maintained.
At the library / study centre:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, unless you are exempt.
- For the safety of all library visitors and staff, two metres social distancing must be observed.
- Please read all notices carefully and follow any one-way systems in place.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- No food is to be eaten in the libraries and study centres. All drinks must be lidded.
- There will be cleaning material available for you to sanitise your work space and equipment at the start and end of your study session.
- Sanitation stations are available at all sites.
- Touch points will be regularly cleaned by staff.
The Coronavirus pandemic is affecting many aspects of university life and study. Find out the latest advice and guidance.