What to expect when visiting the library
All our libraries and study centres are now open and offering a limited service. You can find details on location and opening hours here. Please read the information on the library / study centre's page carefully before you visit.
Before you arrive at the library / study centre:
- Familiarise yourself with the university's coronavirus guidance.
- Please check the library / study centre's webpage for details on opening and browsing hours.
- If you wish to request access to study space, you are required to book a seat in advance.
- Food is not permitted, so ensure you have made alternative arrangements if you plan to be on site for some time. All drinks must be lidded.
- Bring a face covering, unless you are exempt. This must be worn at all times.
- At busy times you may need to queue to be admitted to the building to ensure the occupancy level for safe social distancing can be maintained.
At the library / study centre:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, unless you are exempt.
- For the safety of all library visitors and staff, two metres social distancing must be observed.
- Please read all notices carefully and follow any one-way systems in place.
- Following advice from PHE the library no longer needs to quarantine returned books. Please continue to follow regular hand hygiene practices when handling the library books or journals. All library spaces are supplied with hand sanitiser for your use.
- No food is to be eaten in the libraries and study centres. All drinks must be lidded.
- There will be cleaning material available for you to sanitise your work space and equipment at the start and end of your study session.
- Sanitation stations are available at all sites.
- Touch points will be regularly cleaned by staff.
The Coronavirus pandemic is affecting many aspects of university life and study. Find out the latest advice and guidance.