Fees, funding and costs
If your institution is not an exchange partner with Bristol you will pay Study Abroad tuition fees.
2021/22 tuition fees
Study Abroad Standard programme:
- Full year: £17,800
- One semester: £8,900
- 6 weeks: £2,850 + standard tuition fee
- 10 weeks: £4,650 + standard tuition fee
Students studying at an EU institution who are unable to come through the Erasmus+ programme:
Fees for students starting in 2021/22 onwards:
The UK Government has confirmed that students commencing their studies in the academic year 2021/22 will no longer be eligible for home fee status. Fees for EU students will therefore be charged in line with Study Abroad fees from 2021/22 onwards.
Payment of fees
You can pay once you arrive. Full-year students can pay in instalments. In many cases, your home institution or programme provider will pay the tuition fee on your behalf, or they may have a special agreement with us which affects your fee status. Pre-sessional courses may require a deposit; more details can be found here. If your Study Abroad office is not able to advise you, please contact us for further information.
- Students may be eligible to apply for a BUTEX Scholarship. These are worth £500 and are for students studying abroad for a semester or an academic year. Check the website for more details.
- German students can find and apply for funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) towards study abroad costs.
- Norwegian students could benefit from a supplementary tuition fee grant. Find out more from Lånekassen.
- Chilean students might be eligible for funding from the Chilean Ministry of Education.
Cost of living
Your living expenses will depend on your lifestyle while you are here. Look at this guide to living expenses.
Full details of University accommodation costs are given on the Accommodation Office residences web pages.