Reflecting our research expertise, our cutting edge courses are taught by leaders in their respective fields.
*NEW* NERC PhD scholarships for Physical Geography - applications open
*NEW* UoB PhD scholarships for Human Geography - applications open
MSc in Human Geography: Society and Space
Visit the Bristol Society and Space blog, written by current and former students on the MSc in Human Geography: Society and Space. See also our MSc programmes in:
Our research addresses physical and social scientific questions of global significance.
Did you know?
- We are the only UK geography department to have been ranked in the top category in every UK national research assessment exercise that has been held
- Our researchers are expert contributors to the UK's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
What's it really like at Bristol?
Find out about the school and what our students think about studying here.
Find people who work in Geography.
- New research shows recovering tropical forests offset just one quarter of carbon emissions from new tropical deforestation and forest degradation 15 March 2023
- Pioneering analysis projects extreme rainfall in UK may be more common and erratic over next century as impact of climate change intensifies 7 March 2023
- Pioneering study shows flood risks can still be considerably reduced if all global promises to cut carbon emissions are kept 7 March 2023