News in 2022
- University of Bristol-led consortium to receive nearly £12 million to unlock 6G technology potential 13 December 2022 The University of Bristol and partners have been granted nearly £12 million from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, to develop and industrialise technologies and solutions for future 6G mobile networks.
- Smart Internet Lab’s Nomadic Node provides 5G-and-beyond services anywhere anytime 6 September 2022 The Smart Internet Lab has completed the first prototype of its “network in a box” solution, called Nomadic Node.
- University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab part of winning consortium to boost innovation and growth in UK's telecoms supply chain 26 July 2022 The Department of Culture, Media and Sport has today [Tuesday 26 July] announced that £10 million has been awarded to launch the UK Telecoms Innovation Network (UKTIN), a new body dedicated to boosting creativity in the country’s telecoms supply chain.
- Dr Karcius Day Rosário Assis receives prestigious award from the Alan Turing Institute 19 July 2022 Dr Karcius Day Rosário Assis achieved a career highlight removing stiff competition to be presented with the Post-Doctoral Enrichment Award from The Alan Turing Institute due to his innovative driven ideas for smart cities.
- Professor Simon Saunders appointed as Honorary Academic Professor to the University of Bristol 7 January 2022 The Smart Internet Lab is pleased to announce that Professor Simon Saunders is joining the University of Bristol as Honorary Academic Professor.