What challenges will the emergence of 6G and other new technologies create for governance? 10 June 2021 Smart internet Lab Director Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, in collaboration with Kings College London and the University of Cambridge, have released a position paper, discussing the evolution of 5G to 6G communication and the challenges this poses.
- What challenges will the emergence of 6G and other new technologies create for governance? 10 June 2021 Smart internet Lab Director Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, in collaboration with Kings College London and the University of Cambridge, have released a position paper, discussing the evolution of 5G to 6G communication and the challenges this poses.
- Minister for Digital Infrastructure launches series of events focused on 6G research in the UK 26 May 2021 The first of a three-part series of universities-run workshops focused on 6G research in the UK supported by UK SPF and DCMS launches today.
- Exciting new rail project commences 12 February 2021 An exciting new Smart Internet Lab project, funded by H2020 started on 1st December 2020, 'Development of prescriptive AnalYtics baseD on aRtificial intElligence for iAMS' (DAYDREAMS).
- 5G Project to enhance efficiency of idea-to-market process 2 February 2021 An exciting new Smart Internet Lab project, being funded by H2020, ‘5G Application & Services experimentation and certification Platform’ (5G ASP) commenced on 1st January 2021. Smart Internet Lab has a key role in the project by offering our state-of-the-art 5G facilities and know-how to the project, and by providing a unique opportunity for testing new concepts in the upcoming telecom landscape, such are Open RAN.
- Bristol's Smart Internet Lab helps accelerate UK's capabilities in drone operations 18 January 2021 Experts from the University of Bristol are among a UK-wide consortium that is pushing the boundaries of drone development and aviation capabilities.
- Bristol's Smart Internet Lab part of multimillion pound project to harness power of 5G 13 January 2021 The West of England Combined Authority (WECA) has secured over £3m from the Government to test how the country can seize the full benefits of 5G and help businesses harness the power of modern technology.
- Smart Internet Lab project FLAME Ends with Successful Grand Finale Event! 2 December 2020 The FLAME project is an EU H2020 Research and Development grant which has run from January 2017 to September 2020. Over almost four years, the €6.9m project invested €2.2m in third party project investments, running experiments in four European locations: University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab, Bristol (UK), Barcelona (Spain), London (UK) and Sicily (Italy).
- Bristol one of four international partners creating a global cyberinfrastructure for scientific discovery 28 October 2020 The University of Bristol is one of four international institutions selected to form a partnership within the new National Science Foundation (NSF) project, Fabric Across Borders (FAB).
- New Government Taskforce to attract new vendors to UK telecoms 23 September 2020 Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, Director of Smart Internet Lab, has been appointed as a member to drive forward ongoing work to diversify the UK’s telecoms supply chain and reduce reliance on high-risk vendors. The line-up of the task force, which was announced by the Digital Secretary will advise on bold interventions to open up and grow the telecoms market following decision to ban Huawei.
- Smart Internet Lab commences 5G/MEC research collaboration with SRUK 23 April 2020 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab has embarked on a new two-year research collaboration with Samsung Research (SRUK) on a project called MEC Mobility.