Bristol research will help UK to lead on future wireless network infrastructure 8 December 2021 University’s Smart Internet Lab secures funding for two projects that will transform telecoms in the UK.
- Professor Simon Saunders appointed as Honorary Academic Professor to the University of Bristol 7 January 2022 The Smart Internet Lab is pleased to announce that Professor Simon Saunders is joining the University of Bristol as Honorary Academic Professor.
- Bristol research will help UK to lead on future wireless network infrastructure 8 December 2021 University’s Smart Internet Lab secures funding for two projects that will transform telecoms in the UK.
- Smart Internet Lab will deliver Quantum Data Centre of the Future 26 November 2021 The University of Bristol’s pioneering Smart Internet Lab will work with industry partners to develop the first blueprint for a quantum data centre, as part of UKRI’s £170 million Commercialising Quantum Technologies Challenge.
- Government-backed 5G-ENCODE ‘slices’ industrial 5G network in world first 2 September 2021 5G-ENCODE switches on the second phase of its network at the National Composites Centre moving a step closer to realising the commercial benefits of 5G in manufacturing
- Research powerhouses join forces to maximise global potential of 6G next generation mobile technology 4 August 2021 A pioneering centre is being launched to take mobile technology to the next level and put the UK at the global forefront of 6G research, innovation, and education.
- What challenges will the emergence of 6G and other new technologies create for governance? 10 June 2021 Smart internet Lab Director Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, in collaboration with Kings College London and the University of Cambridge, have released a position paper, discussing the evolution of 5G to 6G communication and the challenges this poses.
- Minister for Digital Infrastructure launches series of events focused on 6G research in the UK 26 May 2021 The first of a three-part series of universities-run workshops focused on 6G research in the UK supported by UK SPF and DCMS launches today.
- Exciting new rail project commences 12 February 2021 An exciting new Smart Internet Lab project, funded by H2020 started on 1st December 2020, 'Development of prescriptive AnalYtics baseD on aRtificial intElligence for iAMS' (DAYDREAMS).
- 5G Project to enhance efficiency of idea-to-market process 2 February 2021 An exciting new Smart Internet Lab project, being funded by H2020, ‘5G Application & Services experimentation and certification Platform’ (5G ASP) commenced on 1st January 2021. Smart Internet Lab has a key role in the project by offering our state-of-the-art 5G facilities and know-how to the project, and by providing a unique opportunity for testing new concepts in the upcoming telecom landscape, such are Open RAN.
- Bristol's Smart Internet Lab helps accelerate UK's capabilities in drone operations 18 January 2021 Experts from the University of Bristol are among a UK-wide consortium that is pushing the boundaries of drone development and aviation capabilities.