IMech Western Aerospace Centre Prize-giving
Queens Building, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TS
The Western Aerospace Centre is running its annual prize competition to encourage the further professional development of young engineers living and working in the West of England and South Wales.
The competition finalists will be presenting their contributions to leading edge research and development projects to a panel that will include senior engineers from the region’s leading Aerospace organisations.
The presentation topics are:
- Laura Edwards, University of Bristol: Structural Magnetic Composites for use in electro-mechanical applications;
- Rafael Luterbacher, University of Bristol: Towards self-healing materials for aircraft applications;
- Ryan Marks, Cardiff University: Using Genetic Algorithms to optimise an active sensor network on a stiffened aerospace panel with 3D scanning laser vibrometry data.
Attendance at the competition evening will offer an excellent opportunity to support professional development, network with senior aerospace representatives and to learn more about research and development in the South West Aerospace community.
For further details please visit
- IMech Western Aerospace prize-giving (PDF, 426kB) event flyer.
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers event webpage.
Edd Goddard, email@example.com, Western Aerospace Centre