Information for staff
Quick tips for staff
- Check to see if there are any existing suppliers before getting quotes from new suppliers. MyERP and the Buying Guides on the Finance intranet pages will help you out.
- Make sure you know when to contact Procurement. Any purchasing activity over £25,000 (over 4 years) Procurement need to be involved.** We've some guidance here about this.
- Raise a purchase order in advance of agreeing to any work from a supplier.
- Make sure suppliers include delivery and duty charges in your order.
- Incoterms are an international set of rules for shipping. Ordering goods "DDP" from a supplier will mean your order will be Delivered Duty Paid. Anything that isn't DDP will mean that you are responsible for any customs and duty / tax charges, potentially leading to shipments getting delayed and additional costs for to your budget.
- You may also be responsbile for delivery to the University, so damage in transit might not be the supplier's fault.
- If you have a Corporate Credit Card, make sure you are familiar with how you should be using it to make purchases. We've help on this here.
- Refer to the Finance intranet for any further Procurement information, including a help with finding the right way to pay, understanding our procedures and latest news on suppliers and new contracts.
Please do contact any of the Procurement team or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Central Government has published enhanced guidance on seeking Social Value in procurement processes, that promotes sustainability and ethical sourcing.
If you have a new requirement, please contact the Procurement Team at email@example.com at an early stage so this can be assessed. This does not affect goods and services purchased through any existing agreements.