Be part of the action
The changes we're making in Campus Heart are in response to what students and staff have told us really matters; the need for more space, more connection and more involvement.
Become an ambassador
There are lots of changes coming up in Senate House and we’d like to work with you to communicate these changes. We really want your ideas - but they could include:
- Vlogs about life on campus with a focus on the changes in Senate House
- Photography about life at the heart of the campus
- One-min videos, narrated or presented by you, about your experiences
What's in it for you
This is an opportunity for you to get involved in a large, university-wide project, boost your skills, and get paid!
Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Heart Fest
For the first time Campus Heart joined forces with Ignit10n, an annual sporting event run by the SU's Sports Network, to celebrate the first day of Spring in Royal Fort Gardens.
Ignit10n saw students take part in 10-hour sporting challenges to raise money for the Bristol charity Above & Beyond, and the day also included creative workshops, tasty treats and much more for staff, students and the local community.
Thank you to everyone who took part and keep your eye on this page for future opportunities to get involved.
We need you to tell us what you think and help us make choices.
Students can join the Student Advisory group and help us shape the Campus Heart programme. The group meets monthly and student Advisors get a £10 voucher, a LinkedIn recommendation and it counts towards Bristol Plus.
There will be opportunities for students and staff to have a view on the food, furniture and room names in Senate House.
Apply your skills
We need planners, engineers, creatives and advisors to get involved.
We know students are interested in career development opportunities and building professional skills alongside academic study.
Working alongside Bristol Futures, we are exploring career development opportunities in Campus Heart. As a student, it's a great opportunity to add some fantastic experience to your CV. If you're interested in finding out more, sign up.
Leave your mark on our campus for now and the future
We need writers, artists, musicians, photographers and many more.
Are you a budding photographer or filmmaker? Please get in touch and send us your portfolio. We are looking for students and staff who will work with is to document the changes and people taking part in Campus Heart.
Get involved and help shape your campus
The changes we're making in Campus Heart are in response to what students and staff have told us really matters; the need for more space, more connection and more involvement. But we need you to continue to tell us what you think and help us make choices.
- Want to get involved in Campus Heart and help transform the spaces and services along Tyndall Avenue? Sign up for regular updates.
- Don't be constrained by what we say we need - come up with your own ideas about what you want to see happen. Tell us.
Changes so far
- The new Garden Café at the Hawthorns is open.
- A larger and better equipped gym opened in the Sports Centre.
- A new space for staff to relax at Royal Fort House opened.
- First phase of the Senate House transformation was completed.
- The Bristol SU Living Room opened its doors.
- New food court, dining area and SU café/bar will open in Senate House.
- Our inspirational new library will be ready to welcome all students, staff and our wider community.
- New, shared public spaces.
Our plans are ambitious, and they can't all happen overnight. It's going to take years to transform our space. Keep informed of the latest developments by signing up for our newsletter.