What to do if you have a complaint about the Development and Alumni Relations Office

Our goal is to exceed your expectations. However, we realise there are times when we do not meet our high standards.

We welcome complaints and view them as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for you.

To make a complaint about the activity of the Development and Alumni Relations Office, please contact us:

Alternatively, you can write to us at:

Development and Alumni Relations
University of Bristol
Ground floor G.12
1-9 Old Park Hill

What we will do

We will work hard to fix problems and mistakes and address your concerns.

Everyone in the Development and Alumni Relations team will know what to do if a complaint is received, and we will treat you with courtesy and respect.

Once you submit a complaint, we will keep you informed of progress and provide you with a prompt and fair response as soon as we can. We will also tell you who to contact if you wish to escalate your complaint.

All information relating to your complaint will be handled sensitively and we will follow our data policy.

If your complaint relates to the activity of another part of the University, we will work hard to identify the correct person for you to contact.

We are committed to learning from every complaint and, where appropriate, change our practices to make sure we do better in the future.

When we can't help

There are some situations in which we will not be able to address or respond to your complaint:

  • If you do not provide us with your contact details.
  • If the complaint is deemed to be abusive, prejudiced or offensive.
  • If the complaint is deemed to be harassing a staff member.
  • If your complaint isn't related to the activities of our team.

Complaints about fundraising

The way we fundraise is governed by our fundraising commitment, which complies with the key principles of the Fundraising Regulator's Code of Fundraising Practice.

If your complaint relates to our fundraising activity, and you do not believe our response to your complaint is satisfactory, you may contact the Fundraising Regulator.

Edit this page