Staff parking at our residences
Residences Car Parking manage staff parking areas, some with controlled access, at the following residence sites:
- Badock Hall
- Churchill Hall
- Clifton Hill House
- Durdham Hall
- Goldney Hall
- Hiatt Baker Hall
- Manor Hall and annexes
- University Hall
- Wills Hall
Staff members who are eligible
University staff members who live as part of a pastoral role or who work substantially within the above residences are eligible to apply for a Staff Permit.
Women in their third trimester of pregnancy are guaranteed a residential parking permit.
Only staff with a valid parking permit are eligible to park in the residence car parks. Permit holders are restricted to the use of their designated car park unless advised otherwise.
Staff who do not have a valid permit are not permitted to park on site without purchasing a Visitor Voucher either through the online permit system or the dial-to-park system located in each car park.
Any staff vehicles parked without a valid permits or visitor voucher may be subject to a Parking Charge Notice (PCN). Staff who persistently offend may find themselves subject to action under the Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.
How to apply
Staff who live as part of a pastoral role or who work substantially within the above University Residences may apply by registering for a Staff Account from PermitSmarti and completing the online form for an Annual Staff Permit.
Women in their third trimester of pregnancy need to have a MATB1 certificate. Before applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
Applications for 2021/22 staff permits opened on 30 August 2021. Further information can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
We offer a number of permit options; some of which cover multiple residences. These are also available for different periods throughout the year.
- Standard/Single Site: The most common permit for those that work at a single residence
- Dual Site: These are limited in number and allow for parking at a second location after 3pm. Applications for these will be reviewed by RHS Senior management and may require the endorsement of your line manager.
- Catered Roving: These cover the 5 catered halls of residence. These are limited in number and applications for these will require the endorsement of Catering managers.
- Roving: These permits cover all above residences. These are limited in number and applications for these will require the endorsement of Senior Managers.
All permits can now be applied for throughout the year and are available in the following fixed periods:
- Annual: 21/9/21 – 10/7/22
- Spring/Summer: 9/1/22 – 10/7/22
- Summer: 23/4/22 – 10/7/22
Contact us about parking
All enquiries regarding our residence parking permits should be emailed to residences-carparking@
Parking terms and conditions
All parking in our residences is subject to the residential car parking terms and conditions (PDF, 187kB) and our Residences car parking policy (PDF, 532kB).