Paying your accommodation fees

How and when you pay your fees will depend on whether the University is your landlord or if you are living in one of our Nomination properties. 

Please note this information is applicable to 20/21 tenancies. Infomation for 21/22 will be available when applications open in May.

University-allocated residences

Accommodation fees become payable after you have moved into your accommodation and you have received an invoice. When you accepted your tenancy agreement you agreed to pay rent according to one of the following options: 

  1. Payment in full:
    • Total invoice payable by 24 October 2020
  2. Payment in 3 instalments:
    • Instalment 1 payable by 24 October 2020 – 40% of accommodation fee
    • Instalment 2 payable by 24 January 2021 – 30% of accommodation fee
    • Instalment 3 payable by 24 April 2021– 30% of accommodation fee

You can see your invoices, make a payment or set up a payment plan through the MyBristol portal.

Chantry Court, Deans Court & Woodland Court

These residences are Nomination properties, this means that you apply to live there via the University's application process, but that your tenancy agreement is with the third-party provider and you pay your rent directly to them. 

For Deans Court and Woodland Court, you will be given a rent payment card on arrival at the residence, along with instructions of how to make your payments. You can choose to pay in full or in three instalments, in September, January and May (exact date and amount depends on your residence and room type). Visit the A2Dominion website for details of how you can pay.

For Chantry Court, Unite will provide details of how and when to make your payments when you confirm your booking with them, and you can get further details on how to pay from the Unite website

Accommodation fees

Download the accommodation fees for our residences: 

Debt procedure

The process the University will follow if you fall behind with your rent payments. 

Financial help

If you’re experiencing financial hardship we have some emergency funding options that may be able to help.

If you want to talk to someone, contact our Info Point team for advice at

Edit this page