Training for teachers and academics
In partnership with other departments across the University, we offer resources and training for staff, on areas including:
- the challenges with academic language and literacy that students commonly experience
- how to make assessment criteria and feedback more transparent for all students
- strategies and resources for writing and presenting to an international audience
- how to teach to an international classroom
- practical training for those who are new to teaching
- how to write narrative submissions for promotion cases
- how to write narrative CVs for funding applications.
University staff can visit the centre's Sharepoint site for more information.
Teaching English for Academic Purposes (TEAP)
For teachers outside of University, we offer intensive Teaching English for Academic Purposes (TEAP) courses. These courses are delivered by staff with specialist knowledge of TEAP and its portfolio requirements. They will draw on their personal expertise to give you a solid understanding of the relevant TEAP competencies, offering insight into areas such as assessment and feedback.
Find out more about our TEAP courses.