Find out how to register so you can start your studies and become part of our community.
Registration is a two-part process:
- Online - registration is open between Wednesday 4 and Saturday 14 September.
- In person - the date and time are on your Welcome Week timetable.
How to register online
- You will need:
- your student number (found at the top of your offer document) or your UCAS personal ID (undergraduate students only).
- your family name and date of birth.
- Check your details are correct.
- Confirm your acceptance of the Student Agreement conditions.
- Create a password, keep it secure until you have memorised it.
- Print out your Certificate of Registration.
- Print out your Document Checklist if one is produced for you.
When to register
Online registration is open between Wednesday 4 and Saturday 14 September. You must register online by Saturday 14 September.
If you miss the deadline, you can still register online but you will need to do extra tasks when you arrive. You may also have to queue for longer when you register in person.
When you register online, our system may produce a Document Checklist for you. If it does, you must attend a Document Check before you register in person.
Register in person
You need to register in person to confirm your attendance and to collect your University Card (UCard) and other documentation.
What you need to bring to register
Bring a printed copy of your Certificate of Registration. We do not accept electronic versions.
If you don't have a printed copy, you may have to queue for longer when registering in person.
Where to go to register
Details about when and where you need to go to register are on your Welcome Week timetable.
Problems with registering
Contact your faculty office before you arrive if you are unable to register online.
If you are unable to attend your registration slot you can go to late Document Checks and registration. All sessions are open to all students.
Wednesday 25 to Friday 27 September
- Bill Brown Design Suite, Queen's Building.
- 10 am to 3.30 pm.
Monday 30 September to Wednesday 2 October
- The Reception Room, Wills Memorial Building.
- 9 am to 4 pm.
From 3 October
- Go to the Student Information Service at 5 Tyndall Avenue to complete your Document Checks when you arrive.
- Go to your faculty office to complete registration.
We strongly recommend you attend Document Checks as soon as possible.
Upload a photo for your UCard by 14 September.
This card is your identification, library card and key to buildings.
You might have to queue for longer to collect your card if you upload it later.