The Department of Philosophy runs an active program of events, with weekly research seminars, work in progress sessions, and regular conferences and workshops.
The department research seminar is our central weekly event covering topics across the discipline. Students are encouraged to attend, and we would usually have tea and coffee to chat to the speaker and each other.
We also run two weekly work-in-progress sessions, one general one, and one specifically for the postgraduate students to have an opportunity to present and discuss their research.
There are then numerous specialised research seminar series and reading groups. Most weeks contain multiple events to attend.
We also regularly host major international workshops and conferences.
You may wish to find out more by browsing our pages summarising the events held in the previous years
To stay up to date with our events, subscribe to our mailing list and/or our calendar.
Highlights of Upcoming Events
- Stay home: Housing and home in the UK during the Covid-19 pandemic 4 April 2023, 4.00 PM - 4 April 2023, 5.30 PM Prof (Emerita) Becky Tunstall (University of York) Room G.16, Cotham House, Dept of Philosophy
- Socio-environmental responsibility, everyday ethics and commitment to Islam: Ramadan campaigning of a youth-led British Muslim charity 25 April 2023, 4.00 PM - 25 April 2023, 6.00 PM Room G.H01 of Arts Complex, 7 Woodland Road
- 28th Regional Southwest and Wales Postgraduate Religion & Theology Conference 16 May 2023, 9.00 AM - 16 May 2023, 5.00 PM Department of Religion and Theology, University of Bristol (3 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1TB)
There are currently no events scheduled. We will list new events here when they're confirmed.
You might also be interested in other events at the Faculty of Arts: see all Faculty events.
To subscribe to this in your own calendar:
- UoB staff and students should import "Philosophy Events Calendar" from directory in outlook (see also instructions on sharepoint).
- Otherwise, subscribe to it using this ical link.