Bristol team battle it out in University Challenge quarter finals
Press release issued: 19 January 2015
The University of Bristol’s journey on University Challenge continues tonight [19 January], when its team goes head-to-head with the University of Liverpool in the quarter finals.
The team has already beaten the Courtauld Institute of Art (190 points to 75) and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (160 points to 135) to reach this stage.
Each team plays two quarter final rounds to battle it out for a semi-final place.
Viewers can see if their winning streak continues when they face the sharp tongue of Jeremy Paxman tonight at 8pm on BBC2.
The final six Bristol teammates, chosen from over 250 Bristol students who applied, are:
- Anastasia Reynolds (captain) – 4th year, studying Czech and Russian
- Lewis Rendell – 3rd year, studying Maths
- Benjamin Moon – 3rd year, studying Geology
- Miles Coleman – 4th year, studying Spanish and Portuguese
- Robert Beavis (first alternative) – 2nd year, studying Archaeology
- Mungo Jackson (second alternative) – 3rd year, studying Chemistry
They've already proved their quiz credentials by being selected for the series, which saw 130 student quiz teams fight it out for just 28 places.
University Challenge is the longest-running academic quiz show in the UK. It was first aired in 1962 and this will be its 50th series.