Chinese grads celebrate time in Bristol at University’s first Shanghai Graduation 14 April 2018 The University of Bristol’s most recent graduates were given the opportunity to celebrate with family and friends at a UK-style Graduation Celebration in Shanghai today (14 April).
- School students ‘graduate’ from unique university taster course 26 April 2018 Almost 800 students from schools and colleges across the Bristol area have ‘graduated’ from a unique scheme which gives them an insight into studying at university.
- UK astronomers giving everyone access to a 3-D map of the Milky Way 25 April 2018 A UK team of astronomers working on the European Space Agency Gaia mission have contributed to a revolution in our understanding of the Milky Way with the release today of a new census of the stars in our sky, thanks, in part, to work by physicists from the University of Bristol.
- Liz Lodge, 1959 – 2018 25 April 2018 Liz Lodge, Medical Receptionist for the Students’ Health Service, has passed away at the age of 59. Louise Jones, Practice Manager, offers a remembrance.
- University of Bristol climbs Complete University Guide 2019 league table 25 April 2018 The University of Bristol has been ranked 15th in the Complete University Guide – a rise of two places this year.
- Engineering Doctorate student helps local company win Queen's Award for Enterprise 24 April 2018 A University of Bristol Engineering Doctorate student has helped a Somerset business win its second Queen's Award in five years.
- Pint of Science Bristol 2018 brings scientists out of the lab and in to your local pub 24 April 2018 The world’s largest public festival of science is returning to Bristol next month. From the 11 to the 14 May Bristolians will be able to quench their thirst for knowledge along with a pint, all in the comfort of their local watering hole.
- New DNA screening pinpoints whose blood the vampire bat is drinking 23 April 2018 A new method of screening vampire bat DNA could help tackle rabies thanks to a joint Danish and British study.
- Green and Black project helps Bristol's environmental sustainability movement become more diverse 23 April 2018 A new report shares successes and learning from the pioneering project that aims to achieve a more diverse environmental sustainability community, and in particular address the perceived exclusion of Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
- Artist-in-residence opportunities for the new Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus 23 April 2018 Poets, writers, artists and film makers are invited to apply for three artist-in-residence opportunities for the University of Bristol’s new Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus.
- Two Bristol teams win prizes at BrisSynBio 4-Day MBA 23 April 2018 Vitamica, Imophoron and Exom Biotechnologies were all awarded a share of £10,000 in prizes during the BrisSynBio Connect event, which was the finale of the 4-Day MBA to develop new synthetic biology business ideas.