Study of 800-million tweets finds distinct daily cycles in our thinking patterns 20 June 2018 Our mode of thinking changes at different times of the day and follows a 24-hour pattern, according to new findings published in PLOS ONE. University of Bristol researchers were able to study our thinking behaviour by analysing seven-billion words used in 800-million tweets.
- Discovery of kidney structure challenges current understanding of renal physiology 22 June 2018 New research by the University of Bristol has found that the microscopic structure of human kidney is different to what was previously known.
- Bristol researchers win EPSRC fellowship to develop AI for early disease diagnosis in calves 22 June 2018 Two researchers at the University of Bristol have been awarded a joint Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Fellowship to investigate early disease diagnosis in dairy calves using artificial intelligence (AI) methods.
- £2.9 million awarded to tackling Antibacterial Resistance in Thailand 22 June 2018 An inter-disciplinary research consortium led by the University of Bristol has won a £2.9m award from the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) to help tackle the growing incidence of antibacterial resistance in Thailand.
- New discoveries about a lost ship from Britain's real ‘Game of Thrones’ 21 June 2018 A team of maritime historians and archaeologists, led by academics at the University of Bristol, has published compelling new evidence about the remains of the largest and best-preserved late medieval ship ever discovered.
- Study of 800-million tweets finds distinct daily cycles in our thinking patterns 20 June 2018 Our mode of thinking changes at different times of the day and follows a 24-hour pattern, according to new findings published in PLOS ONE. University of Bristol researchers were able to study our thinking behaviour by analysing seven-billion words used in 800-million tweets.
- Design team announced for the University of Bristol Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus 20 June 2018 Perfect Circle, a consortium of AECOM, Pick Everards and Gleeds, has been appointed by the University of Bristol to design its new Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus.
- State of the art imaging challenges our understanding of how platelets are made 19 June 2018 Correlative light-electron microscopy is being used to increase our knowledge of how platelets are made in the body and the results are challenging previously held understandings.
- Company at forefront of sound revolution awarded prestigious Royal Academy fellowship 19 June 2018 Dr Mihai Caleap, Senior Researcher in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the Chief Executive Officer of revolutionary sound technology company, Metasonics, has been awarded a Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship to develop and grow the business.
- University appoints new Director of Estates 19 June 2018 The University of Bristol has appointed a new Director of Estates and Bursar to oversee the management and development of its diverse collection of buildings and grounds.
- University hosts exhibition celebrating the 50-year legacy of the St Paul’s Carnival 18 June 2018 A new exhibition will go on display in Bristol later this month celebrating the history and legacy of one of the city’s most famous and iconic events, the St Paul’s Carnival, which marks its 50th anniversary this year.