Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 5417 | Internal 15417
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- JSTOR - digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources, primarily in the humanities and social sciences.
- Lecture Notes in Mathematics - book series published by Springer covering new developments in all areas of mathematics and their applications.
- MathSciNet - access to a searchable index of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- SpringerLink - access to millions of scientific documents from journals, books, series, protocols and reference works published by Springer.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-).
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.