Electrical and electronic engineering
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 3315417 | Internal 15417 (Engineering)
Tel: +44 (0)117 9287578 | Internal 87578 (Physics)
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- ASTM Compass - formerly ASTM International Standards & Engineering Digital Library, a collection of industry-leading standards and technical engineering information created by the world's top technical experts and business professionals from 135 countries.
- Compendex - comprehensive interdisciplinary engineering database.
- Derwent Innovations Index on Web of Science - provides access to more than 20 million patents in three broad areas: Chemical, Engineering, and Electrical & Electronic; with links to cited and citing patents, relevant literature, and full-text patent data sources.
- IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) - prepares and publishes international standards for all electrical and electronic technologies. The site includes information on the various committees and their work, as well as an archive of newsletters and publications.
- IEEE Xplore - full text access to technical literature from IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) journals, transactions, magazines, letters, conference proceedings, standards, and IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) publications from 1988 onwards (with select content back to 1953).
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.