Undergraduates: Do More With Law
Brilliant prospects. Diverse careers.
We believe every student is unique - with different strengths and ambitions. We offer an exciting, diverse range of undergraduate units and many opportunities to explore careers within or beyond law. Supported by academics and alumni that are leaders in their fields, studying here will enrich your learning experience and see you do more with law than you ever imagined possible.
We combine a research-rich education with practical experiences of law. Our students graduate with a qualification respected around the globe and the skills to pursue top-flight careers in law or beyond.
Law is a global profession. Our joint honours courses provide an understanding of more than one legal system, language and culture, opening up a world of opportunity.
Our second- and third-year units provide increased flexibility to focus on what interests you most and reflect the research specialisms of our globally-renowned academics. Options range from banking and finance, international and commercial law to criminology, race, employment, IT, health and human rights law. Our third-year Clinical Legal Studies option embeds real-life experience into the curriculum.
Through our Human Rights Law Clinic, a student-led Pro Bono legal services and initiatives such as the Freedom Law Clinic, you can gain recognised, real-life experience of law that employers in a wide range of sectors will value. Further opportunites include mentoring schemes and legal tech placements.
Take a look at the Law School Employability Blog and gain insight into the opportunities our students have to start shaping their future careers.
- A Top 10 UK university and 58th in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021)
- A Top 10 UK law school (QS World University Rankings for Law 2021, Times Higher Education World Rankings for Law 2021 and Complete University Guide for Law 2022)
- One of the 10 most targeted universities by top UK employers (High Fliers 2021)
- Ninth best European university for teaching (THE 2019)
- Top three UK university for excellence in legal research (REF 2021)
- One of the largest legal centres outside of London (Chambers Student) with access to global law firms, policy makers, NGOs, alumni mentors and more
- Home to a diverse range of internationally recognised centres of research excellence and world-renowned experts
- Exciting opportunities for real-life experiences of law through our numerous law clinics, exclusive placements and mentoring schemes.
Navigate through a virtual tour of the Law School, exploring the iconic Wills Memorial Building, library and state of the art teaching facilities.