Student spotlight: Jason Gillman PGCE English student School of Education 4 June 2020 In our latest Student Spotlight, the School of Education meets Jason Gillman, PGCE (English) student at the School of Education. We ask him some probing questions on why he chose the University of Bristol to continue his studies, what made him want to be a teacher, and more...
- Student spotlight: Jason Gillman PGCE English student School of Education 4 June 2020 In our latest Student Spotlight, the School of Education meets Jason Gillman, PGCE (English) student at the School of Education. We ask him some probing questions on why he chose the University of Bristol to continue his studies, what made him want to be a teacher, and more...
- School of Education success in Easter Appeal for Bristol Children’s Hospital 29 May 2020 The School of Education would like to start the week by sharing the fantastic news that our recent Easter Appeal for Bristol Children’s Hospital was an egg-cellent success, raising a smashing £472 for Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal.
- Bitesize Primary Parents' Survival Guide: How to deal with puzzling child behaviour with Paul Howard-Jones 27 May 2020 Many parents and families, currently in lockdown across the UK, are struggling with the new challenges that the Covid-19 pandemic has brought.
- School of Education Doctoral Conference 2020 4 May 2020 Due to the current worldwide situation, The School of Education is hosting its first-ever virtual Doctoral Conference, entitled 'Mapping and Making Research in Shifting Landscapes - Are You Building Bridges or Getting Lost?'.
- School of Education Q & A with Alice, current PGCE student: 'I promise you, you will NEVER be bored!' 30 April 2020 We recently asked Alice Forty, PG, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (English) a few questions about studying for a PGCE at the School of Education. We wanted to gain some insight into what it's like to study at the School of Education, tips and advice if you are thinking about entering into Initial Education (Teacher Training), and what made Alice want to train to become a teacher.
- In Loving Memory Professor Harvey Goldstein 30th Oct 1939 - 9th Apr 2020 28 April 2020 The family of Professor Harvey Goldstein, who sadly passed away on 9th April 2020, would like to share details of his funeral.
- Cracking funds raised for the School of Education's 2020 Easter Appeal 22 April 2020 The School of Education would like to thank all those who donated to our Easter Appeal this year, to raise funds to supply craft equipment for Bristol Children's Hospital
- Professor Harvey Goldstein 1939-2020 15 April 2020 Harvey Goldstein, FBA who was Professor of Social Statistics at the School of Education, University of Bristol has sadly passed away on the 9th April 2020, aged 80 years. He is survived by his wife Barbara and son, Tom.
- Train to teach: study for a PGCE at the School of Education 31 March 2020 If you have a passion for your subject and you want to inspire the next generation, teaching could be the career for you. Our PGCE programmes are demanding and hands-on, but you’ll be supported and guided to become an excellent qualified teacher.
- Update on the University of Bristol’s response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak 16 March 2020 In the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak, the health and wellbeing of our students and colleagues is our top priority.