Collaboration Projects provide file space on the RDSF that can be shared securely with collaborators who are external to the University of Bristol.
Only Data Stewards may request a Collaboration Project
The project Data Steward must read the RDSF terms and conditions of use before they apply.
Requirements for External Collaborators
Collaboration Project setup overview
Please note this is a 3 stage process for Data Stewards, it is quite common for stewards to forget the last step!
Invite collaborators to register with the data.bris service (see instructions below).
Finally, after your external collaborator has registered with the data.bris service you need to add them to your Collaboration project.
Setting up a Collaboration Project and adding external users
1. The Data Steward needs to request an RDSF Collaboration Project.
2. Please ensure you select Collaboration in the Type of project option. The default is Standard (internal only).
3. Once approved, you will get an email with a link to the Collaboration project management webpage. Use the project management page to invite your non-University collaborator(s) to register:
A. Select the Collaborate button on the Collaboration project page (you won’t see this tab on the project page for standard projects). You will see a Project collaborators section.
B. Enter their email address in the box headed Invite a colleague to register with data.bris and select the Invite button.
4. You will receive an email once they have registered. You can then give them access to your project from the same Collaboration page:
A. Find your collaborator using by entering their email address in the box headed Add a registered colleague as a collaborator on your project. If you cannot find them check you are using the email address with which they registered.
B. Add the collaborator to your project. They will appear in the list of collaborators.
C. You may remove permission to access your files from a particular collaborator by clicking the Remove button next to their name. They will remain in the system should you wish to re-add them.
5. By default, a Collaboration Project provides read/write access for any external user given access.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.