News in 2019
- VI Lab's Dr Dima Damen awarded prestigious 5-year EPSRC Early Career Fellowship 16 December 2019 The EPSRC Fellowship will start in January 2020 and extend VI Lab's strong research track record in understanding object interactions, which includes leadership of the largest dataset in egocentric videos 'EPIC-Kitchens'.
- Programme finalised for the Second Drone Cinematography Workshop 5 November 2019 Hosted by BVI, this MultiDrone workshop that will bring together experts in drone cinematography from across Europe.
- The 2019 Richard Gregory Lecture: Reality Starts Here: Building Fictional Futures to Change the World 8 October 2019 We are delighted to announce that this year’s Richard Gregory Lecture will be delivered by Professor Alex McDowell RDI, on 28 November in the Great Hall, University of Bristol.
- BVI speaker at AHRC Beyond Conference 3 October 2019 Professor David Bull has been invited to join a panel of experts who will debate the impact and potential of AI and machine learning in the creative industries.
- BVI invited to join Facebook panel at IEEE ICIP 2019 1 October 2019 BVI had a strong presence in this year’s premier conference on image and video technology, the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP2019), that took place in Taipei, Taiwan.
- BVI extends its strategic relationship with Netflix 17 April 2019 BVI’s Visual Information Laboratory has been collaborating with Netflix in Los Gatos for several years, supporting their work on media delivery and video quality assessment.
- MyWorld: Seed funding awarded for a new creative hub 20 March 2019 Plans for a world-leading creative media hub are one step closer to reality after a successful bid for government funding led by BVI in partnership with the region’s universities, businesses and community organisations.