Mission, vision and values
Strategy Review 2021: taking stock in a changing world
"In 2016 we launched our University Vision and Strategy. This followed a period of collaborative consultation across our community which sought to capture the collective ambition and imagination of our staff, our students and the wider Bristol family.
Thousands of you engaged in that process, and tens of thousands of thoughtful comments were submitted which helped to shape the final outcome – a robust strategic plan that has enabled our community to achieve remarkable things."
— Professor Hugh Brady, Vice-Chancellor and President
— Professor Judith Squires, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
Read about what we've achieved and the background to the Strategy Review 2021 on the Vice-Chancellor's blog.
To make a positive impact locally and globally by addressing society’s greatest challenges through our distinctive education, innovative research and the value we place on excellence, inclusivity and partnership.
By 2030, we will:
- be firmly established among the world’s top-50 universities
- be renowned for the quality of our research and scholarship
- provide an education and student experience that attracts the very best from across the globe
- be highly networked nationally and internationally
- benefit from a culture of innovation, inclusivity, community and partnership
- be a model global civic university empowered by our sense of place and connections
- be a beacon of environmental sustainability
Curious and creative
We ask questions, we innovate and we embrace the new.
Listening and learning
We continually add to and share our own knowledge, we are open to the ideas of others, and we value co-creation.
Bold and Bristolian
We work in partnership with our local community, and collaborate to have a positive impact, locally and globally.
Inclusive and caring
We are a place where everyone feels able to be themselves and to do their best.
Our consultation is open – your comments and feedback are welcome.
We are holding a series of livestreamed discussion events as part of the vision and strategy consultation. Staff and postgraduate research students can join each livestream event or watch previous events through the University intranet.