Siloton's Dr Alasdair Price and Dr Euan Allen awarded 2023 Institute of Physics Clifford Paterson Medal 17 October 2023 Dr Alasdair Price and Dr Euan Allen from QTIC member Siloton Limited have been awarded the 2023 Institute of Physics Clifford Paterson Medal, recognising “exceptional early-career contributions to the application of physics in an industrial or commercial context”.
- Siloton's Dr Alasdair Price and Dr Euan Allen awarded 2023 Institute of Physics Clifford Paterson Medal 17 October 2023 Dr Alasdair Price and Dr Euan Allen from QTIC member Siloton Limited have been awarded the 2023 Institute of Physics Clifford Paterson Medal, recognising “exceptional early-career contributions to the application of physics in an industrial or commercial context”.
- Introducing Alex Greenwood, University of Bristol Programme Manager - Quantum 4 October 2023 QTIC is pleased to welcome Alex Greenwood, the University of Bristol's new Quantum Programme Manager.
- Phasecraft announces £13m Series A funding round to reach practical quantum advantage 24 August 2023 QTIC alumnus Phasecraft has announced the closing of its £13m Series A funding round led by Silicon Valley deeptech VC, Playground Global. AlbionVC also joined the round along with participation from existing investors Episode1, Parkwalk Advisors, LCIF, and UCL Technology Fund.
- Axelera AI selects QTIC for its first office in the UK 6 July 2023 Axelera AI, provider of the world’s most powerful and advanced solutions for AI at the edge, has joined the Quantum Technologies Innovation Centre (QTIC).
- New thinking for the National Quantum Strategy – Bristol fashion 20 April 2023 "This commitment presents a major opportunity for Bristol to become a global centre for quantum research and commercialisation."
- An interview with Siloton's Alasdair Price 18 April 2023 Read an interview with Alasdair Price, Co-founder and CEO of Siloton.
- Zero Point Motion - redefining the limits of inertial sensors 18 January 2023 Read an interview with Lia Li, founder and CEO of Zero Point Motion.
- Bristol quantum showcase inspires Canadian delegation 4 January 2023 Towards the end of 2022, the Quantum Technology Innovation Centre (QTIC) team welcomed a delegation from the Québec province in Canada to find out about the successes Bristol has had in commercialising quantum including the University of Bristol’s pre-incubation programme, Quantum Technology Enterprise Centre (QTEC), and QTIC.
- QTIC partners with Siemens & OnePLM for startup support 2 December 2022 We’re delighted to welcome Siemens and OnePLM as our exclusive design software partners to support startups to bring their hardware product to market quicker.
- Zero Point Motion and UWE win grant for virtual reality project Digibeat 21 November 2022 QTIC member Zero Point Motion has teamed up with the University of the West of England (UWE) to explore the use of inertial sensors that measure motion for virtual reality (VR). The collaboration, called Digibeat, has been awarded a £144k grant to demonstrate sensors that can simultaneously monitor the wearer’s finger motion and forces from each heartbeat – a unique capability not yet explored in the creative sector. The technology could prove transformative not only in VR, but also elsewhere in the entertainment industry, and potentially even in healthcare.