2024 entry (view 2023 entry)
International Foundation Programme (Arts and Humanities)
1 year(s) full-time
Part-time study is not available for this course
Full-time: Apply direct to the University
Applicants in mainland China apply directly to the University's China Office. Applicants in the rest of the world apply through Kaplan International Pathways. No applications go through UCAS.
£23,300 per year, international students
Fees quoted are for 2023 entry only. Fees for 2024 will be confirmed, subject to government approval, later in 2023.
More about tuition fees, living costs and financial support.
On the Arts and Humanities pathway of the International Foundation Programme, you will take classes to improve your English, academic skills and subject knowledge. The units you will study will include Literature, and What Does it Mean to be Human?
For more information about this course, including how to apply, please visit the International Foundation Programme website.
Full details about the course structure and units for this course can be viewed in the programme catalogue.Go to programme catalogue
You must have graduated from year 12 of your high school in your own country with a good grade point average (GPA). If you are applying from mainland China please see our web page for further information about academic entry requirements. If you are applying from any other country please visit our partner Kaplan International Pathways for further information.
The University of Bristol welcomes applications from international students, and we accept a wide range of qualifications for undergraduate and postgraduate study.Search international qualifications
Applicants must also meet these requirements
GCSE profile requirements
Further information about GCSE requirements and profile levels.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you need to have one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and 5.0 in each part of the test
- An alternative English Language qualification
Please see our web page for details of English language requirements for this programme.
Further information about English language requirements and profile levels
- We select successful candidates based on the application form. We may also conduct interviews in some instances.
- Full information about our selection processes for this course:
- The admissions statement above relates to 2023 entry. The statement for 2024 entry will be available in summer 2023.
- Regulations and codes of conduct we abide by to create a positive environment for learning and achievement: