2024 entry (view 2023 entry)
BSc Medical Microbiology with Study in Industry
4 year(s) full-time
Part-time study is not available for this course
Full-time: Entry by transfer
You must transfer to this course from BSc Medical Microbiology (UCAS code C521). You cannot apply as an external candidate.
£9,250 per year, home students
£29,000 per year, international students
Fees quoted are for 2023 entry only. Fees for 2024 will be confirmed, subject to government approval, later in 2023.
More about tuition fees, living costs and financial support.
This four-year degree is similar to BSc Medical Microbiology but gives you the opportunity to gain valuable experience of medical microbiology in commercial or government research as an employee during your third year. This may be in a biotech or pharmaceutical company or a research institute.
Entry to the Study in Industry course is by transfer after you have secured a placement. Applications are made during the second year.
Our students are very well equipped to secure placements, in part because of their extensive practical experience during the first and second year. Our eBiolabs dynamic laboratory manual is available to help you prepare for practical laboratory sessions.
Full details about the course structure and units for this course can be viewed in the programme catalogue.Go to programme catalogue
This course is available by transfer only. BSc Medical Microbiology entry requirement information.
The University of Bristol welcomes applications from international students, and we accept a wide range of qualifications for undergraduate and postgraduate study.Search international qualifications
Applicants must also meet these requirements
GCSE profile requirements
Further information about GCSE requirements and profile levels.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you need to have one of the following:
- IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 in all skills
- GCSE English Language grade C or 4
- An alternative English Language Profile E qualification
Further information about English language requirements and profile levels
- Transfer onto this course is through a selection process in your department or school when you are a registered student.
- Full information about our selection processes for this course:
- The admissions statement above relates to 2023 entry. The statement for 2024 entry will be available in summer 2023.
- Regulations and codes of conduct we abide by to create a positive environment for learning and achievement: