Just what exactly is Intramural?
19 September 2018
Intramural lets you and your friends play weekly matches against other teams within the University. It has a fun, sociable, semi-competitive atmosphere where you can play team sports without the pressure of a busy training schedule.
- 11 a-side Football (men’s)
- Hockey (mixed teams)
- Netball (mixed teams)
- Low cost, highly rewarding way to play sports with all the faff of organising fixtures and finding facilities done for you.
- Staying active - in an easy an fun way - exercise doesn’t have to be hard or boring.
- Create and belong to a community of friends where you share common interests, and meet regularly.
- Mental health booster - regular exercise, activities away from the stress of studies and friends all contribute to a healthy state of mind that makes university much easier.
- Halls will be setting up intramural teams. Let your JCR's know you're interested and ask what teams they offer.
- Through courses/societies - Ask your committee/course reps if your group has an intramural team and how to play for them. If they don’t, why not ask them to set one up?
- Individual Teams - There’s nothing stopping you and your friends setting up a team and playing.
Applications for 2018/19 are now open. Go to the Intramural website for application forms. The window closes on 1st October.